There are far too many people I have to thank, without whom everything would have fallen apart. The following list is neither comprehensive nor sufficient, but it's a start:
- To the people - Team Mercer, Team 406, the Programmer Prince - that supported and encouraged and listened (very patiently) as I worked on this book for a number of years - thank you.
- To the real-world inspiration for Electric Kindren (minus the Demons, and the bad bits) - thank you.
- To the two people whose love and dedication to each other restored my belief in True Love - thank you.
- To the people at Dreamspinner press, in no particular order:
To my readers, past, present and the ones to come - you make the blood and sweat and tears worthwhile. Thank you.
- Elizabeth North - for believing and being there every step of the way, and for not whacking me upside the head with a baseball bat when I told her about the things I would need to make the Golden Egg challenge happen.
- My editor - forensic grammartician extraordinaire, patient cutter-of-defects, valiant wader-through-demon-infested-waters, and the very first person to Get It.
- My other editor - who looked up the average amount of blood in a household goat, and corrected the number of carcasses I specified in text.
- The Editor-In-Chief - who took personal interest when she didn't have to, and spent time and sweat to ensure that every goddamn space and comma was exactly right.
- Anne Cain - who patiently put up with my poking in Photoshop, and fallen electrical poles, and produced an absolutely beautiful cover despite it all.
- The Technical Director - who listened, understood, then fracking debugged my code.
- The Art Director - again, for not whacking me upside the head, and putting together a product that blew me away.
- The Associate Editor - whose masterful massaging of text will sell the book.
- The Social Media Director - who answered hastily-written emails at 3AM, and Sundays and Made Things Work.
- To all the other people I don't know by name - the proofreaders, and the post-production magicians, and everyone else.
- -Thank you